Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simple Seafood Salad

Here's a fast, easy salad that can be a
jumping off point for other menu items.
Toss together in a pretty, large bowl;
~
1 lb. Salad Shrimp
1 lb. Immitation Crab meat, chopped to the size of the shrimp meat
3 green onions, thinly sliced (whites only)
1 &1/2 Avocado, chopped
(sprinkled with just a dribble of lemon juice to keep from turning brown)
1 small tomato, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup Best Foods Mayonaise
Sea Salt, Pepper and Johnny's Seafood Seasoning to taste
~



~
This could be served on a bed of lettuce, stuffed in celery hearts or hollowed out tomatoes or peppers, or as a delicious sandwich filling.
Right now, I am going to stuff myself with some!

4 comments:

Mama B said...

I volunteer for stuffing, too! Always tasty, and I eat way too much!

Mrs. E said...

YUM.... I love seafood and salad! :)
I might just have to give this a try.....
it seems like it would be a perfect dish
for a potluck?!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Mrs.L said...

This salad sounds delicious, I look forward to trying it!
Thanks for posting it!

Blessings,
Pam

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Oh YUM!!!! Seafood is abundant since we are so close to the coast and I can't wait to try your recipe. Do you have any suggestions for a substitute for Johnny's Seafood Seasoning??? Would Old Bay work? Thanks for this great recipe to add to my collection!

~Martha