Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A mess of beans!

Green Beans are one of my favorite vegetables!
I especially like them the way my Grandma made them.
~*~
Saute 1/2 lb. bacon with 1/2 of a large sweet onion, chopped.
While the bacon and onion are cooking,
I rinse the beans and snip tops and tails off
and toss into the pan of bacon.
I don't measure, just cook what you think you will eat.
(Remember, they will shrink a bit when cooking.)
~*~
~*~
When your pan is almost full, add a little water and some
minced garlic. Put on the lid and let simmer at least 15 minutes.
Season with a little salt and pepper and serve!
~*~
I can make a meal out of just this!

8 comments:

Vickie said...

That's about the same way my Mamaw made 'em, too! Now I think I'll have to have some for supper tonight! I have some in my freezer from my own little garden this year. Those look wonderful, even for breakfast!

Mrs. E said...

Yum.... looks super
delicious!!!! :)

Love Always~ Miss Jen

Nadine said...

MMM!!!
Green beans are my favorite too! I have not prepared them this way before...I will be giving this a try for sure!
Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day!

Love & Blessings!
~Nadine

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Boy oh boy do those beans look good. That is the way I love them but didn't know how to cook them! Thank'ee for sharing the recipe! I could eat a bowl of beans fer dinner, maybe with a piece of cornbread crumbled on top!

Lori said...

Mmmm, girl, that's good country cookin' right there. :)

lady m said...

Lady Farmer,

You have made my mouth water...Yummm!

This is such a simple recipe and so delicious ;)

Many blessings to your day,

lady m

Shana said...

The picture made me really hungry, so last week I just had to try to make some and boy where they good! Making them again this weekend :) Thanks so much!!

Blessings,
Shana

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Now those beans sure look yummy!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe the way Mama did them!

Hugs,
Maryjane