Thursday, June 2, 2011

Homemade Pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza?!



I had to share my first totally



homemade pizza!



:~P






Ooey gooey melty cheesy goodness!



And it was fun and easy!



I was inspired by my friend Camille.



Thanks, Camille! And move over



Papa Murphy!



I can't wait to try it on the grill.



Here is what I did ~






Pizza Crust:



Combine in a large bowl;



2 cups flour (Bob's Red Mill Unbleached)



1 envelope Pizza Yeast



1 & 1/2 teaspoons sugar



and



3/4 teaspoon salt.






Add 2/3 cup very warm (115*) water and 3 Tablespoons



Olive Oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until blended



and soft dough forms into a



loose ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface about 4



minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding



small amount of flour if needed.



Press dough into greased pan



(or you can try 'tossing' it like I did. Hope you



have better results than I did. I gave up



and stretched it out on my stone.)



Top with your favorite toppings!



I used~



Pizza sauce, sliced baby bella mushrooms, olives, pepperoni,



mild Italian sausage (cooked), chopped sweet onion and



red bell peppers,



and LOTS of CHEESE! Four cheese Mexican blend



and Mozzarella.



Bake in a 425* oven on the bottom rack for 12-15 minutes.



It was soooo good, I even ate the crust (which I don't usually do).



Gentleman Farmer and I



ate. it. all!






We also had some cole slaw on the side and



homemade Italian Creme Soda's.






Into a tall glass with four ice cubes, pour 1/4 cup of sweet cream



(Mine was raw.



You can use whipping cream),



a scant 1/4 cup flavored syrup



(Mine was Raspberry)



(find these in the coffee section of the grocery store)



Fill with ginger ale.



Stir with a tall spoon.






Eat, drink, and be merry!











4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

It looks DELICIOUS! :)

Linda Stubbs said...

I think this is a must try!!! Thank you for putting up the recipes. Hope all is well with you and your fam. Things are busy here on our farm. Getting the garden in and baby chicks will soon be hatching.

I have missed you.......life seems to be so full!
Hugs and hope all is well,
Linda

TJ said...

Yummy! We've been having homemade pizza quite a bit lately. It's perfect to use up the last little bit of spaghetti sauce.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, the pizza looks great! I’d love to have a huge peice of that thing right now!!

—cindy