Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Curry Turkey Meatballs

Sometimes I just crave curry! I only have two recipes with curry and this is one of my favorites! ;~}
~
In a large bowl, mix
1 pound ground turkey
1 large egg
1/4 c. dried bread crumbs
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
and
1 teaspoon salt
until well blended.
I use my (very clean) hands, just like Grandma used to do.
Shape into small balls
~


~
I double these ingredients and use half for turkey loaves
(makes great sandwiches).
~
~
In a frying pan, over medium heat, stir
1 c. chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
and
2 cloves chopped garlic
in
1 tablespoon oil
until onion is soft, about 5 minutes
Add
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
(more if you like things hotter)
Stir about 1 minute until spices are fragrant.
Add
3 c. chicken broth
and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
~
Drop meatballs into boiling broth.
Cover and simmer over low heat until center is no longer pink,
about 8-10 minutes.
~
In a small bowl or measuring cup
mix
3 tablespoons cornstarch
with
1/3 c. chicken broth
Add to pan, stirring until sauce boils.
Salt to taste.
~



~
Serve over steaming hot rice!

~
I have served these on toothpicks as appetizers with great response.
I hope you enjoy them, too!




4 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Oh... this looks quite YUMMY! ;)
I love almost anything with curry powder in it... so I will definitely have to give this a try!
Thank you SO much for sharing the recipe!!!
Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Melody said...

These look delicious! I think I may make them tonight!

Melody said...

Ok....so I couldn't wait. When I realized I had all the ingredients, I decided to go ahead and make them....at 7:00 am....HA!!!! I knew it would be weird to eat them for breakfast, so when they were complete I just put them in the crock pot warm and we ate them for lunch. They were a hit! Corbin and the kids loved them! I was kinda hoping the kids wouldn't like them so we wouldn't have to share but the kept gobbeling them up and asking for more : )

Thanks for the great recipe!

Mrs. U said...

We're big curry fans in our home, so I will definitely be trying these!! Goodness, they look SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

Thank you for sharing!

His,
Mrs. U