Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Starting with the basics

What better recipe to start off with than everybody's favorite
Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This particular version is the favorite here at The Farm.
Soft, chewy and milk chocolatey good!
~~~~~
Begin by preheating the oven to 350*
In a small bowl, combine
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
with a wire whisk.
Set aside.
~
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer
or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter (the real thing)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
until creamy about 3-5 minutes (I never used to think this mattered. They are only cookies, right? Take the extra couple of minutes to get this creamy ~ it does make a difference.)
Beat in
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
~

~
Gradually stir in flour mixture (I do this part by hand with a wooden spoon)
Stir in
6 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
~
(Note: As far as I am concerned, this recipe is finished! I eat the cookie dough raw! You may prefer to continue on ....
~
~
and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Again, I use a small scoop and bake on a Pampered Chef
stone.)
Bake 8 - 10 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely
or whenever cool enough to get from fingers to mouth! :~P
~

~
Enjoy with a friend and a cold glass of milk!




~
This recipe only makes 1 1/2 - 2 doz. cookies. I like to double it and freeze half
in wax paper rolls for just baked cookies on a whim. Actually, these take no time to mix up, but frozen, they are nice to give to busy mommies to fix for cookie hungry daddies and kiddies!




4 comments:

American Home said...

I am making these tomorrow!

Mrs. E said...

Oh my.... these look quite delicious!
You have inspired me to make chocolate chip cookies.... I have not made them in quite a while! I loved the part when you stated....

"Note: As far as I am concerned, this recipe is finished! I eat the cookie dough raw! You may prefer to continue on ...."

Simply adorable, I absolutely love cookie dough as well and there is indeed nothing so delightful as a fresh batch of homemade cookie dough! ;)Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Mama B said...

I heartily endorse the frozen dough rolls...nice to slice off a few cookies now and again without having to start up the mixer. =) I remember when Shan would ask you for chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. I think she gets that from Dad ~ "I'll have the fish and chips ~ hold the chips." Ha!

Zoe said...

I love having frozen cookie dough in the freezer too... I scoop the dough into balls, and freeze it that way, so I can just grab however many I want to bake out of a ziploc bag. And I have been known to eat them raw and frozen too. :)